Oregon Consumer Justice is recruiting people who have experienced consumer injustice to be part of our strategic planning process:
- The cohort of five to eight people will run for four months, beginning in late June and concluding in late October.
- Those selected will receive a fixed compensation of $1,000 each month for approximately 10 hours per month of participation. As needed, OCJ will reimburse the cost of childcare and transportation.
- If interested, there will be an opportunity to continue participation with OCJ beyond November.
We are a new organization launching this first round of strategic planning with a plan to share power with members of the community. Throughout the process, cohort participants will have the opportunity to learn, provide feedback, and vote on OCJ’s direction. In the months leading up to the strategic planning sessions, cohort participants will attend committee meetings and regular check-ins.
What does participation include?
- Meet once a week virtually for two hours over four weeks in late June and early July.
- Attend OCJ committee meetings. Committees: Equity and Justice, Policy, Legal, and Finance. Schedules will vary, but there will be opportunities to attend meetings in July, August, and September.
- Meet once every two weeks with cohort participants to build community and check-in with one another.
Strategic planning process
- Attend the Strategic planning meetings located in Salem on October 19th and 20th. OCJ will compensate for travel and hotel expenses as needed.
If you have any questions please feel free to email Joseluis at firstname.lastname@example.org
The survey will close on June 19th at midnight.